Housing & Benefits

Do you need assistance with Housing & Benefits?

Why not pop in and see a member of the team who can offer support and guidance on a range of housing and benefit subjects.  We can help you claim for Universal Credit, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary Housing Benefit, Personal Independence Payment, Disability Living Allowance, Pension Credi as well as assisting you to apply for the local housing list.

Alternatively there are many local organisations that can offer advice and support on housing issues and housing & benefits support:

Homeless or Sofa Surfing?

There are several ways in which a person can be legally defined as homeless:

  • You have no accommodation available in the UK or abroad.
  • You have no legal right to occupy accommodation in the UK or abroad.
  • You are a split household and have no accommodation available for the whole household.
  • You have accommodation but it is unreasonable for you to continue to live in there.
  • You have accommodation but living there means you or a member of your household is at risk of violence.
  • You have accommodation but you are unable to secure entry.
  • You live in a moveable structure but you do not have anywhere to legally moor or park it.

However there are local organisations who can provide advice and practical assistance.  SelseyWorks can help with guidance, supported phone calls, completion of housing applications as well as local assistance funding and foodbank vouchers.  Alternatively the following organisations may be able to assist:




Selsey is alive with activity, from a calendar of regular workshops, fairs, talks, clubs and exhibitions to our informal Community Cinema Club and annual Festival Events – there’s something to suit everyone!