The Pink Cottage Nursery
Qualifications: Level 3 childcare qualification is desirable
Required to report to the Lead Early Years Practitioner, Deputy Manager and ultimately the Managers.
Terms and Conditions: As and when required/available
Hourly Rate: tbc
Location of Job: The Pink Cottage Day Nursery, The Elms, Chichester Road, Selsey, West Sussex. PO20 ONL
General Nature and Objectives of the Job:
You will be working as part of a team responsible for delivering and maintaining consistently high standards of care and education for children between the ages of 0-5years. It will be your responsibility to promote a safe, secure, caring and fun environment for the children to enable opportunities for growth and development through play. This will be in accordance with the principles and requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). You will also be required to assist in the planning, organisation and implementation of high quality personalised learning experiences to help children achieve their full potential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To support the Childcare Practitioners and all other members of staff to facilitate appropriate activities and experiences, suitable for children’s individual stages of learning and development.
• To support all other team members in maintaining a safe, secure, healthy and hygienic working environment (including an awareness of any dietary and health requirements).
• To work as part of a team, supporting all other staff members with the day to day running of the nursery. To demonstrate initiative in the workplace environment.
• To have regard for the nurseries Inclusion and Equality Policy and uphold the values in everyday practice.
• To be aware of health and safety implications within the workplace, such as the safe storage of toys and equipment and to report all accidents and incidents accordingly.
• You will be expected to write ongoing observations on the children’s development which will form part of their EYFS development records maintained by the Deputy Manager, Lead Early Years Practitioner and Childcare Practitioners.
• Upholding confidentiality is a fundamental requirement of this position. All information relating to staff, children and their families must remain confidential.
• You will be expected to develop and maintain good relationships with children and families of the nursery, to enhance continuity of care and effective communication of information.
• Undertake any other duties required as requested by the Lead Early Years Practitioner, Deputy Manager or Managers.
The Pink Cottage Day Nursery is open for 50 weeks of the year. We are open between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm Monday to Thursday and Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm. We are closed for all Public and Bank Holidays, a week in August and the week between Christmas and New Year.
For more information or to apply send an email and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Katharine or Zoe
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.