Website Medmerry Primary School
Learning Support Assistant Vacancy
Required from: As soon as possible
Grade: 3, Point 11, term-time only
Salary: £15,807 (pro-rata)
Contract: Temporary (subject to funding)
Post 1: 23 hours per week (likely to be 5 mornings, 3 afternoons)
Post 2: 21 hours (5 mornings, to include 5 hours midday meals supervision)
Medmerry Primary School is a small primary academy, part of the Schoolsworks Academy Trust. We are currently seeking to appoint two learning support assistants to our friendly team, to support individual pupils in making the most of their time in school. Both of these roles will involve working with named children, as well as supporting the work of the wider class.
Due to the nature of the posts, these are temporary roles, with the expectation that they will be in place until the end of the summer term 2018. There is a possibility that these would be extended, subject to future funding.
The successful applicants will:
• Have previous experience of working with children or young people (this could be in a voluntary role)
• Enjoy working with children with a range of needs, and supporting them to succeed in their learning
• Support the class teacher in providing a positive, supportive and enthusiastic environment and modelling high expectations of children’s behaviour and learning
• Be well-organised and efficient, while retaining flexibility to adapt to circumstances
• Participate and contribute fully to our staff team
• Be keen to improve their own practice, and respond well to feedback and guidance from colleagues
• Communicate effectively with children, professionals and other adults
• Hold GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
• An NVQ3 qualification is desirable but not essential.
As a school, Medmerry can offer:
• A small friendly community of staff and families, with a warm welcome
• Enthusiastic and engaging children who are keen to learn
• Opportunities for further professional development and experience
• A team where collaboration and good humour make coming to work a pleasure
Potential applicants are encouraged to visit the school and to discuss the post with the headteacher. Please make an appointment via the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01243 602738).
Medmerry Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and there is an expectation of all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
These posts are subject to a successful Disclosure & Barring check, satisfactory references and health clearance.
Closing Date: Friday 22nd September 2017
Interview Date: w/c 25th September 2017
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com