January 21, 2016INTERVIEW TIPS
- STAY AS CALM AS YOU CAN – I know it’s a nervous and even a scary situation to be in but it’s important you try and remain calm and in control, before you go in try and take some deep breaths , go to the toilet (if available). If the receptionist or secretary offer you a drink ask for a glass of water is this is something that can occupy your mind and hands as something to do rather than letting your mind race.
- SIT STILL – Once in the interview remember to sit in a comfortable position (not with your feet up). But a positive and open position is best keep your head up and eyes straight but don’t stare at your interviewer but perhaps concentrate on something behind them (e.g. a picture), also remember to wait to be offered a seat by the interviewer don’t just take it for granted you are going to sitting down.
- SILENCE IS OK – when answering questions try and stay on point dot raffle on and on because you think you have to keep talking to fill in the silence, a short pause can be a great opportunity to gather yourself and thoughts so you can give a precise and well thought out answers and not rushing rambling on.
- THEY’RE NERVOUS TOO – just as you are nervous your interviewer will be nervous will be too they don’t you or what your like so be polite and considerate to them as well smile and keep eye contact it will relax both of you and start to build rapport and understanding.
- BE YOURSELF – don’t worry about your answers, don’t lie or again don’t give long answers, but let your personality come through and shine as this will show the interviewer who you are and how you will fit into their current team and colleagues
I HOPE THIS HELPS EVERYONE, GOOD LUCK!!
IF YOU NEED ANY MORE ADVICE OR SUPPORT, THEN PLEASE DON’T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME ON 01243 200975